View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2023, 20:53 (Ref:4138945)   #23
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
Porsche for one?
I tend to think that while Porsche (VAG) could afford to start up a team from scratch, they are probably smart enough to know that is the difficult path and will instead choose to buy someone or stay out of F1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
As a side thought tho, what would it take for an existing f2 to scale up to a basic f1 level?
I don't follow F2 at all, but I think the main thing is, that if you start with an F2 team you would have a "racing team", but not a "constructor" (as F2 used spec chassis right?). So they would have to build up that part of the team. Maybe doing something similar to what Haas has done. Hire out and buy as much as you can.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
Certainly dropping the 200m payout out for starters?
From an existing F1 teams perspective, regardless of a team starting as F2 and expanding into F1 or a team being started from scratch. The dilution of winnings would be the same. In short, I see no way they would agree to dropping the $200M fee. In fact it seems the teams think the value is too low. The other issue is that it's a one time payment for a longer term dilution. If you think the value of the teams will increase over time, there should be a strong incentive of the existing teams for nobody new to join.

Richard