Old 27 Apr 2023, 15:24 (Ref:4153203)   #23
Alessio
Racer

Italy
London
Alessio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
There will be no difference, they are essentially the same car in a different shape bodyshell. The Audi, SEAT/Cupra Leon and VW Golf were all built at SEAT Sport in Spain and were the same mechanically. That used to be the case for the original generation cars; I'm not aware that things have changed since then.
Are they definitely the same platform, all the way through (and BOP'd differently too)? I know they're pretty much identical in terms of parts, but I see no reason why everyone would have swapped primarily to an Audi if they're identical in every way. Surely there are cheap Cupra's out there, perfect for an independent entry. And if all set-up access is identical, then the Cupra should be the perfect platform given that it's practically existed in a similar form for near on 10 years. Unless every frame is bent, cracked, or written off...? Probably missing something obvious here. If they truly are the same base platform with a different shell, there's only national brand marketing, brand support (Audi are massive in Italy, so that would make sense), and possibly a minor handling difference from aero or weight distribution to go off of.

Last edited by Alessio; 27 Apr 2023 at 15:31.