View Single Post
Old 5 Jun 2023, 07:44 (Ref:4159935)   #75
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
crmalcolm, I don't know if it's my memory that is playing tricks on me, but I don't recall most of those drivers in the lower classes, certainly A-B, being overall winners in the races. I cannot remember the classes being split into separate races, although I am more than happy to be proved wrong on that.

For example, McGovern and Unett were driving Imps of 1,000cc if memory serves whilst Longman was in a Mini also in the tiddlers class. They wouldn't have stood a chance against the bigger cars (the Yank tanks, Rovers and Sierras), except for tracks like Brands Indy and Mallory if they raced there.