View Single Post
Old 19 Jun 2023, 16:26 (Ref:4164650)   #40
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Am I the only one that thinks Norris' penalty was harsh? Has anyone else ever been penalised for that that?
I don't think there's a driver out there that wouldn't have done the same thing?
I didn't see the incident so it is hard to comment. (Did C4 show it?) As I understand it Lando was going slowly entering the pits so that Pastry would have been cleared and he could stop directly in his pit box. Presumably that was in the single lane bit of the pit entry before the speed limit line. And presumably others drivers were stuck behind him and forced to go at his speed. If all those assumptions are correct, I think the penalty was harsh. It's effectively saying that driving at the speed best suited to your own requirements is not allowed if there is another car behind you.