Thread: DTM 2023
View Single Post
Old 12 Jul 2023, 15:11 (Ref:4168111)   #152
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Interesting - for me it's lost a lot of the appeal, it's 'just another GT3 championship' now - and you had ADAC GT Masters for that in Germany anyway. The DTM specific cars were much more spectacular to watch (even if the racing wasn't always as close).

Do you prefer DTM to GTWCE for example? For me I think now it's more down to which circuit they're at than the championship.
Well, if I were to compare the GT3 DTM with the pre-GT3 era then of course I'd take the latter. Part of me has a hope hidden somewhere that eventually DTM will ditch GT3 regulations to move to something 'unique.' Having said that, I must admit there are still some aspects that are better now that in the "pre-GT3" era, although yeah, the whole appeal of the championship has changed a lot.

But my comparison in the previous post was about DTM now, under ADAC versus the GT3 DTM under ITR. When comparing two GT3 DTM 'eras', there's something a lot better about the ADAC DTM. Probably can't explain it fully but that's just the 'feel' of things.

As for DTM vs GTWC, I definitely prefer the former. GTWC is kind of divided between sprint and endurance, lots of different drivers across the season, etc. In the DTM at least I know "who the drivers are" + I prefer the single driver format.