View Single Post
Old 16 Jul 2023, 20:31 (Ref:4168689)   #9
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Crow View Post
I thought it all rather flat - it used to be a favourite weekend but has lost a lot of its appeal. HSCC has become heavy on grids of small single seaters which are all very similar. Only Historic FF regularly entertain. They used to have GTSCC with them which would provide some relief from yet another single seater race. The Great days of HF2 seem to be gone -only 10 cars in the second race

As stated above nearly every race was affected by the dreaded safety car as is normal at HSCC events. . It’s bad enough for those of us who just look on. What must it feel like to someone who has spent a large amount of money and time to get a car on the grid and then spend most of the race in a slow parade. It must be a reason why people give in or move to clubs who don’t seem so badly affected.

There must be a better way of keeping people safe. Double waved yellows used to do the job but they used to be strictly obeyed
Pretty much agree with all of that having attended both Sat and Sun particularly the dreaded safety car interventions which were tedious to say the least. On a technical note, I was just wondering if airbox scoops are permitted in FF2000? It appeared that Jordan Harrison's car was much quicker in the final race and I noticed the orange coloured airbox on his car, just enquiring? The GTSCC series were a welcome addition but for me the major loss at this previous great meeting has been the reduction of Thundersports entrants how much of this is down to Covid I'm not sure but we have seen many overseas entries in past years including many 70's 2 litre sports cars.

Last edited by justracing; 16 Jul 2023 at 20:55.