View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2023, 15:28 (Ref:4168921)   #26
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
[QUOTE=The Fat Clerk;4168735

As a Clerk, safety in general, particularly Marshals & Drivers has to be a major consideration when making a decision.
Code 60 anyone?[/QUOTE]

As one who has done most of my racing with CSCC, who I think are the only adherents to Code 60, I found it worked well - and certainly gets the racing back live asap. I know having done SC duties that having to do an extra lap holding the pack back because the clearance is completed too late to switch off the yellows and clear off to the pits is a pain for all concerned. (Not too much of an issue at Brands Indy, maybe, but at Oulton full circuit it takes some time!) I was very proud that on one of our runs at Oulton we managed to pace the field just slowly enough for a live snatch to clear the issue so we could have only a single SC lap....but it was close....