View Single Post
Old 25 Jul 2023, 16:51 (Ref:4169913)   #71
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That's a good post, Teretonga, about the toxicity. You often see that on social media and, of course, some stuff is nothing short of vitriolic. Most true media tends to be, at worst, sensationalist, at least.

I figure that on the forum we are analytical to the nth degree, but with little data. So we're all universally or almost universally (I certainly am), dare I say it, underinformed and enthusiastic. That sometimes creates views which may seem a bit extreme and are always within the realms of our expectation and our endless comparisons. For instance, you mention somewhere that most of us would not be capable of doing anything near what most of them do. That is absolutely certain, but we know this and I would assume when someone here calls an F1 driver mediocre for example, they mean exceptional, but mediocre in the context of F1. When we say someone is underperforming, it's looking at comparisons with other teams, other drivers, other drivers who could be driving that car, it's looking at the mistakes they're making, it's seeing the constant menace of a potential replacement - I guess PĂ©rez is under the microscope because he has what is statistically one of the best card ever during a season and yet he seems to be making hard work of it.