View Single Post
Old 19 Aug 2023, 10:14 (Ref:4173330)   #44
Ares
Racer

Ares should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
You ain't wrong with that but as a business owner myself I really admire these guys.

TQ has done it again and again.
I had been around TQ a couple of times in the past. You wouldn't look twice at him in a room, you wouldn't really know he has money, not showy at all. One thing for sure, when he buys a track, getting in without a ticket or pass is a thing of the past. Everyone pays. I don't think even Jackie Stewart would get in for free, Tony would probably ask to sign a tee-shirt for him and then make him pay for it. If you are working at one of his facilities, best you treat it like it is his home. If you were to do something he didn't like, you would be sure you would hear about it. I'd say if you were to give him a pitch, you'd need to get him with the first two sentences.

I have had one conversation with TQ. That was with him screaming in my face, It's quite poetic that Scottish accent when every second word starts with F. He can string a few sentences together as well. Just the wrong place at the wrong time, considering I'd probably taken about twenty steps at his track, and been there about one minute. He spends the money, and the tracks and facilities always look top class.