Thread: gear oil issues
View Single Post
Old 4 Oct 2023, 09:07 (Ref:4179575)   #9
Tel 911S
Veteran

Tel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTel 911S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMachine View Post
They want my email for the tech specs of that oil, so I said no. Anyone know what the max operating temp for that oil is?

Quaife may have an answer, but if the OP doesn't know what temps he is running that is of limited value. Gerald's MO will be my starting point, fortunately I have just declared my hoist operational, making such chores so much simpler, and therefore more likely to actually get done!
It was a long time ago that I was running it , so I can,t remember details . But a Diahatsu GTTI on International rallies .Could turn boost up for over 200 BHP [ even in Gp N ] .
Was advised by the works team that the only oil to run in the gearbox was the SRG75 . Did about 10 Internationals over 3 or 4 years with no box problems .
Most of those rallies would be about 180 miles competitive and about the same mileage road use .
The car would usually be on the go most of the day , with not a lot of time to cool down , so it did seem ok for standing up to the heat .
A couple of the rallies were Spain and Portugal , so not cool weather either .