View Single Post
Old 18 Oct 2023, 22:27 (Ref:4181968)   #83
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Some analysis from Jonathon Noble in Autosport. One interesting point to me is that less than half the existing circuits have room for an 11th team as they are currently built, so changes will need to be made with attendant costs. Must admit that I thought that was a red herring when both Wolff and Horner mentioned it but it could be a real thing. Does make me wonder how the FIA could approve an 11th team with so many circuits not currently having the space.

It feels like the 11th team / Andretti topic is something of a pawn in the overall "game" between FIA and FOM re who gets what revenue - even Ben Sulayem says that it is all about money.