View Single Post
Old 24 Nov 2023, 04:22 (Ref:4187094)   #4
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My main takeaway from this, is that if we assume everyone involved are relatively smart and media savvy people, then Horner saying this was purposeful. I think he would only say this if... (a) He thinks Hamilton will never drive for RBR or (b) RBR thinks it will never want Hamilton to drive for them. The initial claim effectively says...

* RBR is where you want to be.
* Hamilton has lost hope with Mercedes.
* RBR doesn't want Hamilton.

All positive for RBR and all negative for Mercedes and Hamilton. And probably burnt any bridges (if they even existed) between RBR and Hamilton.

We will probably never know what is actually true. This is the start of drama between seasons. It's going to be a long winter.

Richard