View Single Post
Old 18 Jan 2024, 06:02 (Ref:4192254)   #28
V8 Fireworks
Veteran

V8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridV8 Fireworks should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Jaguar, Volswagen, Ford, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, Alfa Romeo, Mazda, Subaru, Mitsubishi, Hyundai, Kia, Peugeot, Renault, Volvo, Skoda, Seat, Suzuki - all sell a range of 4 door saloon cars. Plenty of scope for variety and entertainment.
It would be fun to say "the ATCC will be held to Improved Production regulations" or "the ATCC will be held to Sports Sedan regulations".

May the best engineer win! Whether you want to start with a Alfa Romeo Giulia or Nissan GT-R, it's all good!

It's a shame that the only categories with engineering freedoms are contested (primarily) by amateur racers who don't have the resources to explore the rules to the limit. I think the larger ATCC teams could do a lot with those nice open rules.

Instead, there seems to be too much pandering to "boltie" teams like Team 18, who don't even have a fabrication shop or machine shop, under current ATCC financial arragements...

These are all the rules you need surely?

Improved Production Group 3J regulations

https://www.motorsport.org.au/docs/d...6-group-3j.pdf

[I haven't checked the appendices carefully as to whether the R35 GT-R is allowed, I don't see why it wouldn't be.]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
You are assuming works teams - the vast majority of entrants are privateers, if well-financed ones.
Improved Production is already contested by privateers, what's the difference if ATCC touring cars are also contested to Improved Production by more well financed privateers?