View Single Post
Old 28 Jan 2024, 19:21 (Ref:4194057)   #62
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Fireworks View Post
What is +20kg worth per lap of Daytona Road Circuit?
A few 10ths probably! But I see why we have a problem here - this is irrelevant! As is the exact impact of the power advantage they have.

Quote:
I am not certain on anything. I'm just saying that f=ma and weight directly affects lap time, that's a fact. Adding more weight to a racing car makes it slower.
I am fully aware of the mechanics behind it. Physics hasn't past me by! It just you've missed the point of how it works.

Quote:
Allowing some cars to be lighter than others should be less necessary in prototype racing, since they are fundamentally similar prototypes, which under the two LMH and LMDh rulesets have aero kits homologated to a very small variance of drag and downforce (so aero performance is not a significant competition factor any more either), and they are not based on wildly different road cars unlike the GT3 class.
They are all build within a range. There are small differences, so you need small adjustments.

These small adjustments are to compensate for the small imperfections in the earlier homologation process. It'll never be perfect, but it also is very good and close.

Blast, I have double lost the internet as I said I would bow out and didn't!