View Single Post
Old 5 Mar 2024, 21:41 (Ref:4200160)   #461
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Money.
This may very well be the root reason, but my impression is that he won the election as he campaigned as an outsider of the traditional Eurocentric elite who have run FIA since... forever. Going back to it's founding in the early 1900's the FIA presidents have come from... Belgium, France, Italy, UK and Austria. MBS breaks that string of core old-school European leadership. He ran on an "FIA for Members” campaign in which he promised a focus that was more inclusive of the rest of the world and less about Europe. So (as expected) he pulled in lots of votes from the middle east as well as South America and Africa. I think he was effectively a vote against the past/status quo. He probably won for the right reasons. Him being the champion for positive change might not be working out as advertised.

Richard