View Single Post
Old 24 Mar 2024, 19:25 (Ref:4202613)   #41
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by v8supes View Post
Yep, after my initial comment i saw a video on Youtube with the onboard and telemetry of Alonsos previous lap compared to the final lap and he was around 30 kmh slower at the apex on the accident lap than the previous lap.

It also shows that he had a throttle issue although i dont know if that had any effect, cant see that it did tbh because why did he brake twice before the turn on that last lap?
Maybe the video you mention?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4w1vHA-rRqY

I have seen arguments in other locations saying that it's on Russell as he was the following car. I tend to think that drivers have to have some level of trust that any driver near them will not do "weird" or out of the ordinary things when cars are close together. I think George had maybe a second or slightly more at best to react. IMHO, not enough time given there is no expectation a driver will brake earlier than normal for a corner.

As to the "throttle issue", the cynical view is that Alonso is creating excuses once he realized that whatever he did caused George to crash out.

I think there can be a fine line between legitimate defensive and dangerous driving.

Richard