Thread: British GT 2024
View Single Post
Old 3 Apr 2024, 12:05 (Ref:4203728)   #116
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Went to this and I was quite disappointed to be honest. Drove 2 hours, got stuck outside the circuit for an hour, due to what seemed some very poor traffic direction when there was absolutely no que at the gates. Only caught the last 2 laps of the first race as a result, when I should have just made the start.

Weather was horrible and the place was an absolute mud bath. Not Oulton's fault, but running the event at this time of year is asking for trouble with so many cars and people in attendance. Love the track and the racing was ok in the support classes. However, the second British GT race was a bit of a farce. Agree with what others have said, about it seemingly taking a lot longer to clear issues at Oulton then elsewhere I've been. Seemed to be plenty of marshals, so can only assume it just takes longer at Oulton.

Can somebody explain to me the point of a FCY and then a safety car. Why? surely you just do one or the other. If they hadn't called the safety car at the end of the FCY we might have at least got 2 or 3 more laps racing in, but as a result there wasn't a chance of everybody being able to bunch up in time. If the race had been longer it would still have been frustrating but at least allowed for some more action.

To cap it all I got stuck in traffic going out, had to stop for an hour on the way back to charge the stupid EV work have given me and then the M62 was closed! On top of that I was feeling rough from a cold. Not great and one to chalk down to experience. In future I'll stick with Donnington for British GT I think. Shame as Oulton is a great track, but having been a couple of times and ticked the box I'll watch from the comfort of my living room in future!