View Single Post
Old 25 Apr 2024, 15:09 (Ref:4206407)   #578
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Condolences from me too Peter. I can smile about it now but after losing my mum I was going through the process of closing her accounts and so on. When I spoke to British Gas, even though I explained the reason for my call, they still insisted that I couldn't close the account myself and they would have to speak to the account holder!

I remember a similar thing with at least one organisation when I was sorting out my Dad's accounts after his death, years ago. It was blatantly obvious that they were just following a script which had no option for "account holder is dead". At the time it upset and enraged me, and I may have spoken harshly to the apparatchik on the other end of the line......

And of course, my condolences too, Peter.