Thread: WEC FIA WEC calendar
View Single Post
Old 28 Apr 2024, 13:13 (Ref:4206826)   #171
flatlandsman
Racer

Ireland
Daventry
flatlandsman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I also simply think they are not that interested as in the past the crowds have been small and I think there is a general feeling now there, that they will happily put on low key stuff as it costs them very little, track days, testing etc, this costs them very little. The sheer fact as a fan you cannot go anywhere there to watching testing is evidence of this, extra cost for them. Even though it would be a pittance. Am sure you can watch testing at just about everything other venue in the UK, it is this sort of thing that makes fans the way they are.

But race meetings do, especially ones that historically have not bought in crowds, I feel there is a lot of not reading the room going on there, I would love to see a 12 or 24h round of bike endurance there too, but again would not attract a crowd.

I think WEC would at the moment, but nothing like was at Imola, and that is seemingly what Silverstone want to host anything these days, a massive crowd,

I feel they are now driven by profit more than they ever were if that makes sense.