Thread: British GT 2024
View Single Post
Old 29 Apr 2024, 20:22 (Ref:4207020)   #173
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlandsman View Post
I am guessing Lello is quite happy to be being paid probably 50k or more to let some chunky bloke think he has a chance of winning! Personally I find it quite embarrassing.
I don't think our opinions of what sort of agreement wealthy amateurs have with teams and pro co-drivers makes any difference.

The series gets better every year, the pro-am element is arguably the main reason for it.

There would not be 20 odd top notch GT3 cars in the series otherwise. Plus the GT4 element has its own intrigue and drana.

In an ideal world I might like to think we could have a GT3 only British series with all pro line ups as well as the pro-ams and a separate GT4 series supporting it but that isn't going to happen.

Rather than knocking the amateurs we might be better off pushing the organisers to seek out more of them and then we would get a few more top pros and maybe a few more different makes.