View Single Post
Old 2 May 2024, 00:06 (Ref:4207234)   #386
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
I guess that the statement from the US representatives will either be the start of something bigger or achieve nothing at all. Interesting move.

Much of what is said in the statement refers to US companies (GM specifically) not being able to compete against rivals. The logic fail in that of course is that Ford is able to do so with RBR and GM could do so too - once it has an engine in 2028 of course (whether that engine be in an Andretti car or another team's car).

Also interesting that most, if not all of the questions asked have already been answered in the FOM rejection statement - maybe the Congress members are unaware of that document? Maybe they are also unaware that it indicates the answer would be different for 2028 once Caddy has its own engine?

The Autosport article about this includes an approach to FOM, which referred the reporter to the rejection statement.

What might become of all this with international businesses and US lawmakers I don't know - Liberty is clearly a US company but I believe that the Formula One group companies are registered in Jersey, Luxembourg & the UK.

Maybe the next thing we'll have is one of the existing teams approaching the EU complaining that a new team within the current Concorde Agreement would impact too much on its revenue and put many jobs at risk?

Then we'd have blowhard politicians from both sides of the Atlantic beating their chests.