View Single Post
Old 4 May 2024, 16:32 (Ref:4207423)   #2994
911thillclimber
Veteran

911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid911thillclimber should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
We are at Shelsley Walsh this weekend, practice today, Sat, serious stuff tomorrow.

Initially the track was damp and the 'akward' bottom and top esses were roumoured to be devillish..

Didnt seem to bad to me, so although careful clocked a 33.23/2.25 first run, and 33.36/2.21 second run.

My class mate nigel, an long standing rival was here with a fatter V8, fresh tyres and a lower diff, so could be trouble ahead.

However, it did not go to plan and on the second run he lost the powerful NG big style and did a lot of damage to the car, mainly the OS front as he hit the bank in the lower reaches of the tricky hill.

Weekend over, but it will be fixed for the next hill on 1/2nd June, again at Shelsley.

Not sure if we are amalgamated with under 2 litre Libre class, but the weather could be sunny again (!) and I'll have to find some good runs tomorrow.

The Lola ran a treat, I know where I left time behind on the hill, so MUST FOCUS.

Those under 2 litre cars are fast....