View Single Post
Old 6 May 2024, 10:50 (Ref:4207644)   #113
SSmith
Veteran

SSmith should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Endurance-Info reporting that Alex Quinn is the third driver in #14 AO by TF LMP2 entry.

I read the other day via DailySportscar that a few entries (LMP2 and LMGT3) were looking uncertain before the publication of the full LM24 entry list this week and that the reserve list may be called upon.

Judging by more recent announcements I would suggest that the questioned entries are:

#9 Proton LMP2 - only Jonas Ried listed in the car
#24 Nielsen LMP2 - original list had David Heinemeier Hansson and Albert Costa in the car, but Costa recently Tweeted that he likely wouldn't be at Le Mans this year.
#44 Proton Ford Mustang GT3 - only Christian Ried listed in the car
#66 JMW Ferrari 296 GT3 - only Giacomo Petrobelli listed in the car

With the #79 Proton Porsche 963 Hypercar as 1st Reserve - I wonder if Proton may withdraw the #9 or the #44 to promote their Hypercar.

2nd Reserve - the #43 Inter Europol LMP2 - will probably be scratched as the listed names in that reserve entry have been moved to the #34 Inter Europol LMP2.

3rd Reserve - the #72 Racing Spirit of Leman Aston Martin Vantage AMR GT3 with DeBoer/Hasse-Clot/Robin - could well make the race.

I wonder if the 4th Reserve drivers - the #74 Kessel Ferrari 296 GT3 with Hartshorne/Tuck listed - could end up in the #66 JMW Ferrari 296 GT3 given that Hartshorne/Tuck race that car in the ELMS.