View Single Post
Old 25 Nov 2002, 14:00 (Ref:436391)   #19
Splatz the Cow
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
Splatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSplatz the Cow should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I understand there's money going around in the fields of Columbia these days, perhaps that will be of interest.

Or perhaps a GP there would be overlooked in favour of a race in Algiers or Sierra Leone.

Clever though, DNQ, I actually wasn't 100% sure whether it was a joke or not, which certainly proves your point.

I can see it now, a street race in Mogadishu, with burnt cars used to mark the chicanes, and UN aid bags of grain instead of a tyre wall. Or perhaps they could be used as curbing, and the Militia has to try and steal them while the race is underway. And the tyre-barrier is made of... tyres, burning tyres of course. TV cameras would be mounted under Blackhawks.

After its all over, the circus takes 90% of the profit, leaves town, and the city would be poorer than before the GP arrived. But everyone could be happy in the knowledge that they were really part of the F1 community.