View Single Post
Old 4 Jan 2003, 21:36 (Ref:463842)   #13
Ed_Newman
Rookie

Ed_Newman should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There are still a number of imp based cars racing and their numbers have been growing over the past year or so. Recently at one of the hillclimb races there was approx 15 imp engined race cars. There are quite a few maguires (genuine & copies) doing ice racing in Finland although most have been re-engined with larger engines. A lot of the old maguires and semi-spaceframe cars are still sitting in peoples garages. A few turn up each year. I know of a couple of semi-spaceframes and maguires which will be coming out over the next year but I also know a lot of people who would like a maguire.

Clan's, Ginetta's and Davrian's are a lot easier to find. Clan's are relatively cheap although possibly the best designed and they can be very lightweight. My one is under 400 kgs wet weight. Ginetta's are the most expensive and are relatively easy to find. Davrian's are the most race orientated and the hardest to find. There are a couple racing in the states. My Davrian has not moved under it's own power for about 20 years and is now being restored. It used to be sponsored by Agra and won it's class in the 79 scottish hillclimb/sprint championship and in the modsports championship. It is missing a gearbox, if anyone has a 5spd jack knight imp box lying around I would be very interested!

Ed