View Single Post
Old 14 Nov 2000, 14:26 (Ref:48307)   #21
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't accept that a F1 car is 'easy' to drive, and to 'master' a F1 car is more difficult. Ok, so. You're probably right that Raikkenon is able to drive a F1 car competively.. but. to master it?? I don't know..

I've seen too many good yound drivers wasted because they don't have enough experience to handle F1 - remember Jan Magnussun (who won 14 F3 races in one year!!) or JJ Lehto.. ok there might have been other issues. But it's been proved that some young drivers need more experience to become established in F1. Coming in too early is a gamble, well done Jenson.

Saw a very interesting programme on Channel 4 which discussed the issues of driver aids in F1, which concluded that even if you had all the aids, the top driver (Senna and Schumacher early 90's) will still be the best and will beat lesser drivers. And from what is being discussed, every driver aid will be allowed in 2 years time, except active suspension..