Thread: Needham Market
View Single Post
Old 12 Feb 2003, 23:02 (Ref:504989)   #13
stevebrown
Racer

England
The Port of Indecision, SW of Disorder
stevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridstevebrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
SkyDigital
I was at Corum that night as well. Those last few laps were absolutely scary, especially when Muller spun. I dread to think what would have happened if he had hit Dan's car or one of the tyres. I believe that instead of running the race for another six laps, we could have rebuilt the tyrewall in three, under the safety car and run the corner under yellows for the full race distance. It would not have affected the race at all as the cars would have been racing to the line. But what we got was abuse and one observer having the phone put down on him when he asked for a safety car. I believe that the person who gave us abuse will not be at Snet any more. (That persons other half was also one reason my observer stopped doing BARC meetings).

But good things have already started to come out of the meeting. At training day Mike Whitney announced he was offering to become chief marshal for BARC at Snet. Anyone who knows Mike will agree he's sure to do a great job. Lets hope that when it comes to race day that BARC will now listen to us. Only time will tell but it's a good start.

Steve B