View Single Post
Old 8 Apr 2003, 11:37 (Ref:562666)   #22
The Nobody Guy
Rookie

The Nobody Guy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi, I'm a long time reader, first time poster!

I have to agree with Gaz on the overhyped PR. So far this year we've seen a lot of hype for Will Davison (and Will Power, the other Australian). Just as an example, there's a whole lot of Australians sitting on this forum writing over exhuberant c**p about those two drivers (I remember some posts two months ago that predicted them to be 1st and 2nd in the drivers championship at the end of the year!).

When they don't perform, everybody attacks the drivers, when the drivers are probably battling trying to do their own thing. Maybe its better to stay quiet while they come up to speed. Let their results speak for themselves because hyping up backrunners is just embarrasing.

And I have to say, from what I've heard about Piquet, he really was targeted by some horrible people - they even measured every dimension thinkable on his car the day before to ensure it was legal, and then the next day the brake ducts turned out to be a MINOR technical infringment (although one wonders why they weren't standard parts).