View Single Post
Old 18 May 2003, 04:19 (Ref:602312)   #1
MulsanneMike
Veteran

United States
MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!MulsanneMike has a real shot at the podium!
Ford Mustang GTP

Have a very specific question. Can anyone recall if the Mustang GTP (the Riley designed front engined GTP) ever ran with its front louvres blanked off?

The reason I ask is that I have the Monogram 1/24 scale model. In doing some detail work I had "an accident" and ruined the louvres. On the Monogram kit the louvres are solid, I was using a Dremel to open the backsides up so you could look into the wheel well. Suffice to say, one wrong move and I went through. So my options are 2, either blank the section off and treat it as a different aero. set up or reconstruct the louvres. I'm a bit on the lazy side, the model has sat for nearly 2 years since this occured and I don't relish having to construct these intricate and delicate louvres slats. But I don't want a kit that is wholely in accurate though it all is a toss up in the long run. The production line has been stopped for two years! Help!