View Single Post
Old 4 Jun 2003, 12:06 (Ref:620402)   #8
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Lee, it's the b*tch trophy wives - (perfect phrase, can I borrow it next time some tart in a BMW X5 cuts me up in Wilmslow? ) - that are a severe health and safety threat to us, not the urban assault vehicle hubby bought for them.

They can be dynamically unstable - higher centre of gravity means they'll roll more easily. But a driver with half a brain cell knows that means don't tailgate and don't corner too fast.

However, I fully agree with Osella's point - SUVs, by and large, are completely unnecessary, cos anything your average trophy wife/mother needs in the suburban jungle is available in - at biggest - a Volvo stationwagon. They're too big, too heavy, too thirsty.

But it's about want, not need. And if I didn't live in a tiny overcrowded country with miniature roads, I'd want one.