View Single Post
Old 8 Feb 2001, 14:55 (Ref:63409)   #7
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i passed my test in november 99. sorry, got lost with the dates. it was last year last year.
i've done about 20,000 km since then, and did manchester and back in a day once. i KNOW i'm not invincible - the fact i've already driven into the back on someone under the influence of lemsip max strength, been driven off the road twice by other idiots, driven people off the road myself because i failed to adapt properly to the shocks that are going down hill as we speak. i've nearly hit the back of someone on the m62 because i wasn't looking where i was going. personally, i've made plenty of mistakes. and i know i'm going to have an accident, but i've got a feeling it won't be my fault. i don't take risks anymore, like bounding around the country lanes at 75mph (horses, bikes, blind corners...). on motorways i go the speed of the traffic, not the speed of my accelerator foot.
most of the time when i post on car type topics, i'm taking the ****, because i know the police can catch me (don't remember ever saying that without a smily at the end of it). when i hit a bush because the car won't take the corner that fast anymore.

you can never know what's going on around the corner, but if you spend your life doing that, where will it get you?

i don't know if i'm the only one who spends most of her time on her own in her car, but i do. i only endanger myself if i'm the only one around. i only see how fast the car can go if i'm the only one on the motorway, that way i only kill myself. i have a pretty mundane life - all i do is stamp pieces of paper and sit at a computer. give me the choice to kill myself, please. i don't need some high and mighty telling me that it's not right to endanger myself when i choose to. and when i choose to, i'll go really slowly because i know that my reactions are slowed, and my car won't stick speed anymore.

now i'm not saying that maisie's boy racer picture isn't correct - my mate's going to kill himself sooner or later because he thinks, as he has done since he got that bit of paper from the government, that he's tommi makinen, and he can drive his little beat-up nova like it's a lancia integrale.

we all learn our lessons, it's just when and how painful. little wally has seriously injured his best friend. i'm going to hit another car, or get caught by a speed camera or police car i didn't see when they decide to finally track my car down. until then, i'll try not to kill anyone and be a good little girl. just like the idiots who drive at 60 on a motorway, and think they're being safe.