View Single Post
Old 22 Aug 2003, 14:27 (Ref:695656)   #11
garcon
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well, let me amend that to your typical Wilmslow 3 series owner .

They've bought a 3 series because they think it sets them apart from 'the rest', because it's a 'premium' model that shows everyone they've got a quid or two. This conveniently ignores the fact that in the Wilmslow area there are roughly 5 times as many 3 series Beemers than any other model of car.

The kind of 3 series owner I'm thinking of has only bought it as a status symbol and is utterly oblivious of the qualities of the car itself (which is, without question, the best compact saloon on the market). They're also oblivious of the relative capabilities of the model range and genuinely believe their 318i is just as fast as an M3. AND they're equally oblivious of everything around them on the road and any notion of driving courtesy.

In short, they typify the shallow, self-obsessed posing s that make Wilmslow such a pleasant place to live...

Yes, I probably ought to move, but the crime rate is next to zero which means it's one of the few places I can afford to insure my Scooby!