View Single Post
Old 16 Apr 2001, 20:41 (Ref:81252)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
I'm sure you probably forgot a lot Redshoes, but you remembered a lot more individual incidents than I did! It was all very incident packed, wasn't it ? On initial showing, the production class was the most impressive, but hopefully the touring class will be able to join them soon...

You mentioned spills and thrills... and Paddock was definately the place to be... the gravel there swallowing cars whole as Paul O'Neil and Colin Blair will testify to after rolling there cars. It also sucked in Jim Edwards Jnr's Honda and Simon Harrison's Pug, after it lost a wheel rounding Paddock corner (very lucky that the wheel didn't bounce into the spectators area...)

The incident at the bottom of paddock was the most surreal though... Dan Eaves passed us doen the hill with a large amount of scarping a banging. As soon as he'd pulled the car up at the bottom, the back wheel simply fell off. Surely Vic Lee will be concerned by this... especially in light of the Soper precautionary stop.

The new cars all look (and sound) wonderful. And they are much closer to the production cars in terms of time than they were last year which is great news.

I have been to 5 or 6 meetings already this year, but today seemed to several of us to be the true start of season 2001... which, when many of us attended ALMS and Powertour this same weekend, surely shows the goodwill for the BTCC and the potential that is there for the future. All I can say is roll on Thruxton!