View Single Post
Old 2 May 2001, 17:54 (Ref:88040)   #1
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
as recommended by BBC TV.....

I e-mailed the BBC last week about the poor TV Coverage.

"Why is there not more BTCC Sport Coverage on the TV. For example....
last Sunday you showed the BTCC races (from brands) in a one hour slot. Hardly nothing was mentioned about the Production Sprint race, which in my opinion was the BEST race of the afternoon!"

I have just received a reply and I thought it might interest a few of you ...........

"Thank you for your e-mail.

I am sorry to hear that you are unhappy with the amount of coverage given to the British Touring Car Championship. There are a huge amount of sports in the UK, and it is simply not possible to cover all of them to the extent we would like. Every sport has a loyal following who would like to see more of it on television.

I have found a website on the event, which I thought you might be interested in.

http://www.redshoes-racing.com/

Although this website is in no way affiliated to the BBC, and we cannot be held accountable for its content, I have had a look at the site and it is quite extensive.

I can assure you that I have personally registered your comments and made them available to senior management and our Scheduling Department.

Viewer feedback is an essential part of the decision making process we undertake, and I would therefore like to thank you for taking the time and trouble to contact us".

It is nice to see that another one of our members is recognised for their hard work. First the Times now the BBC who next Redshoes? Congratulations!

Woody