View Single Post
Old 4 May 2004, 16:14 (Ref:960527)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Added note to my picks:

LMP1 looks serious ly strong for this race...

I like the five I picked, but I could have swapped any of the following into the mix for the 4th & 5th places:

Rollcentre Dallara
Creation Zytek
Team Jota Zytek
Kondo Dome-Mugen
Intersport Lola-B160 Judd

and it really goes even deeper with RML and Lister...but they are not in the next five above just because of what seems to me to be a lack of track time to develop what they have....

One could argue that with Team Jota, but the Zytek is a strong car....
I felt it was the best non-Audi prototype in FIA-SCC last year...but issues (spins, breakdowns, etc) hurt them... they were leading the many races against RfH and Pesca when issues hit them...

with a full year of competition under their belts and the fact that the program is directly under Zytek now tells me that those "problems" will be much fewer for all concerned this year...

The only guys I see as backmarkers in LMP1 are Durango, the Spinnaker "Boat People," and Nasamax.....

I just see those three as having problems for one reason or another...whether it is too new (Boat people), too untested (Nasamax) or too underfunded (Durango) to mount a major effort needed at this level....

My "team of Interest" in LMP2:

Team Randaccio.....

If Any Forum members are Going to Monza:

Help Get an Answer from This Team for Me...

Someone please find out if that "Ford V-8" is from the old Cosworth CART engine that is now known as a "Nicholson-McLaren" or if it is derived from something Cosworth built that was 3.5 L....that was being phased out as an IRL engine...

or whatever...

Thanks!

One American Open Wheel Series!