View Single Post
Old 12 Nov 2010, 00:04 (Ref:2788893)   #333
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chernaudi View Post
Of course, Dagys had heard the R15 "++" rumor as well, and commented on it in his Zhuhai wrap-up in the weekly sportscar blog on Speed.com, but didn't comment any further aside from the fact that the updated R15 will test alongside the R18, and probably will run Sebring. Maybe I should ask him about it, but there's only so much these writers are allowed to tell, at least on the record
Sorry but in http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...portscars-119/ there is no mention whatsoever of a R15++. It just says "a version of the R15+".

I find it hard to believe that Audi will make yet another version of the R15 for only 1 race. Wider front tyres would mean that they have do redo the front aero and suspension geometry...

So I think Audi will just run the existing R15+ with whatever extra restrictions the ACO imposes (extra weight, smaller restrictor)...