View Single Post
Old 21 Feb 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3208725)   #30
dtype38
Race Official
Veteran

England
East London
dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!dtype38 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
The best way to counter the Lemon effect, is to take it off the market for some time (a month or so) and re-enter it at a price reflecting it's value (perhaps a bit too high so the buyer feels that there is room to haggle/bargain for the price)
Completely agree with the sentiment, but the reality is that every month that it sits there it cost's me money. It has to sit on the road because I have nowhere else to put it. Last month the mot ran out so that's why I had to put a new one on it. This month the insurance ran out so I had to renew that. End of next month the tax runs out so if it doesn't sell soon I'll have to renew that too! And none of those are the sort of thing I'm going to get back in the selling price (except probably the mot) so I want to sell it quickly. And thereby hangs the whole problem.... offer it too cheap - no one wants it, offer it too expensive - no one wants it. Offer it at the right price - bingo! But how the hell do you quickly work out the right price for something like this???