View Single Post
Old 7 Nov 2006, 23:02 (Ref:1760402)   #5
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit more interesting when it allows modified cars of different makes as they are notoriously hard to equalise!

kipper, when the DSC attended Brands Hatch with Britcar in, June I think it was, they towed their dyno all the way over here for scrutineering! I saw them running up a car after one of the races as some protested that the car was going a little quick. There maybe some who tweak the boost up or remove ballast but they deserve no respect. That could happen in any racing series anyway!
Here they are arguing about it: http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...eerc_bh-83.jpg
The DSC document doesn't specify precisely, but the power figure must refer to the power output derived at the wheels of the car.

Al, just for example sake, if that Pug were to be put into the DSC it would be competing in the top GT class based on the power/weight. I guess DSC have thought about this already and have slapped an 1100kg minimum weight on the category. That minimum weight effectively restricts the cars in the top class to the big power and expensive cars, the marketing spectacle if you will Your car would be in the same category but could afford to lose 275kg

I didn't really mean to start this thread for me to defend it, but it is a nice start to the discussion nonetheless!