View Single Post
Old 9 Jul 2008, 08:37 (Ref:2247769)   #303
Leighton Irwin
Veteran

Canada
Victoria Harbour (on Georgian Bay)
Leighton Irwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

An update. My partner and I sold our business but retained the Company vehicles, a 2005 GMC 3/4 ton van and a 2005 1/2 ton GMC pickup. The van was a real gas guzzler but the pickup not too bad if you took it easy.
Anyway they have been replaced with a pair of 2007 Chev Cobalts, used. Took a hammering on the pickup. Although quite a few are work trucks, like our's were, the majority were not. They were a favourite with macho male teenagers. The increase in gas prices has shut down the non commercial market so there is a glut of unsold pickups. The vans being almost entirely work vehicles, although some are made into motor homes, have retained their market.
The Cobalts would not have been our first choice (we probably would not even buy the same make of car and probably not GM) if things were different.
However to get rid of the trucks without being slaughtered on price we dealt with the GM dealer and salesman the trucks came from.
Not bad little cars with good gas mileage. Handle pretty well and have A/C and a CD player along with a info computer in the steering wheel. They are 4 doors and automatic. No cruise control. In our climate air is good in the summer and I wouldn't mind cruise on the multi lane highways. Also would have preferred 2 door and stick shift but had to take what was available as it was a package deal. Probably be this old fart's last car. I expect to wear out before it does. I know my ex partner will replace hers probably with a camper van in a year or so as she wants to travel and that is still cheaper than motels despite gas prices.