View Single Post
Old 3 Oct 2014, 13:59 (Ref:3459818)   #62
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flavio Galtieri View Post
Well we can agree to differ perhaps?

I can claim to have done my research, probably greater than most although I can't promise with a clear head at all times...

We'll see how it pans out. I think Saward's hatred for VJ has upset his judgment when it comes to reporting, which is probably why he's a freelance reporting on a sport and not a staffer on the F.T.

Let's face it, most teams will change hands eventually. Whether through financial imprudence of the owners or an other investor coming in. It's the hand wringing satisfaction with which he posts every little detail and rumour of a situation he doesn't fully understand that got me. It's quite sad.

No doubt when that day comes he'll triumphantly say "Told you so", whilst forgetting what he missed telling us about his employers.
If you're embroiled in several court cases at national and regional level and your co-owner is serving a stint in the nick - these aren't minor anomalies or insignificant details - unpalatable questions need to be raised. All Saward has done is ask some of those questions. It's literally staggering you can't see that. I place stress on it because it's important that journalists raise these questions. In fact there's plenty of documented dirty laundry that he hasn't raised - and if we are to criticise Saward for anything - it's that he's been too easy on Force India.

I think what's got people hysterical and arm waving is this Caterham appointment. I don't know where that position stands now with Caterham being off loaded by Fernandes. But Saward is a freelancer, travelling the globe following these races is cash intensive, picking up small directorships, appointments here or there is par for the course. As long as he informs his readers of that on his blog - which he has done a few times - he's good to go.