View Single Post
Old 7 Oct 2005, 20:56 (Ref:1426810)   #1
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
How to sort a rolled car

EP's Threat to Irish Marshalling Thread reminded me of an important issue I think needs resolving. Didn't want to Hijack that thread, so here's a new one.

Basically, it's a call for training on the best/safest way to manually right a car that's rolled onto it's roof or side. Its not always the case that you have enough space or equipment to do this with a wrecker or machinery. Which pretty much means you've got to roll it by hand.

I had to I/C (Hillclimb equivilent of Incident Officer/Observer) one at a Hillclimb recently. I had a full compliment of about 10 marshals and a Rescue Crew, there were quite a number of years experience there. Before we rolled back over, I did ask if anybody had done it before or had done it in training, you never know, any prior experience would have come in handy at that point. All I got was about 15 blank looks and shrugs. Eventually, thanks to the high calibre of ALL who helped (thanks guys and girls), it got sorted quite nicely with little danger. But I was a little bit surprised and concerned that nobody had any grounding on the subject. Done wrong, it's a pretty dangerous thing to do.

Can somebody from BMMC or the clubs put this item on the training agenda please?