Old 2 Jan 2006, 11:37 (Ref:1493398)   #115
WebberForWDC
Veteran

Australia
Australia
WebberForWDC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky
Maybe a sixth inhis first ever run at Macau isn't good enough for you?
But if he went back say three times on the thrid time would he ever be able to totally dominate the event like Courtney did, or even get 2nd or 3rd agaisnt the latest hotshots say even after running in Europe with them? I really really don't think IMHO. But someone who especially dominate the other junior categories that's the sort of driver you want if Aus A1GP is to try and have a better shot at winning.

People of the level of Will Power (apparently even with Tagliani, so moderate level about Top of that Renault World Series level almost even with the two Jordan drivers Monteiro and Karthikayean who finished one two in that right but even that series in the end didn't in the end work out for Power) are very good, and can do some good hard-charging. But this level is definately not as fast as the top GP2 drivers who are circling F1 though. So even better drivers than Power are needed for Aus A1GP to be competitive I think, now that teams are all getting more sorted etc it's not as helpful as ADR running around familiar old Brands Hatch IMHO.

But as a Nico Rosberg type is unlikely,

hopefully the best driver possible will be found a bit slower or even with Power but hopefully a bit faster and given a much more sorted car than Davison. Unfortunately I think most of the ones about the level of the Hackett's etc being mooted would only run around without being very fast IMHO.

As it is following excuses and "improvements" from 18th up to 10th is like following FPR in 2004 !!!