View Single Post
Old 1 Apr 2014, 16:20 (Ref:3387465)   #35
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a couple of things that i would disagree with and possible rant alert!

RB's involvement in F1 and open wheel racing goes back further then them acquiring 2 teams.

their involvement extends beyond just running two teams through is young driver programs. i dont have any numbers but during their tenure they seem like they have helped more drivers in their careers then any other of the young driver programs out there.

they did struggle for several years as they built up Milton Keynes and then they started winning

they represent one of the only affordable consumer products being sold by an f1 team or its sponsor on the grid and have a bigger share of the 18-35 market then any other brand in f1. if they leave what is F1 selling?

if you ask any person under 35 which brand is more synonymous with sport im going to say 9 out of 10 would pick RB over Ferrari.

if RB left then in all likelihood its a an investment banking conglomerate that comes in to take their slots. for me i would rather another team that thinks its bigger than it is over anything the newcomers (with their complete lack of history) would bring.

hospitality at any race track is better served by RB then it is by Ferrari (or any other team for that matter). RB is for the people.

F1 isnt even bigger than its promoter let alone bigger than the team that has won 4 in a row.