View Single Post
Old 3 Jan 2007, 12:07 (Ref:1805058)   #21
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella

on private land is fine. in fact, everyone should be encouraged to drive on private property where available. mastering the basic controls of a car isn't something that should be done on public roads.
Worked for me, i first drove a car (on a beach in Wales) at the age of 13, and just as i was coming up to my 17th birthday, my dad put me on an intensive course every sunday in Tesco's car park (unfortunately, sunday opening would make that idea impracticle now )

Quote:
Originally Posted by bella
i think the problem with the test is that it is obsessive about really rather minor things. like has anyone ever had an accident caused by them NOT threading the wheel through their hands like a senior citizen? instead of concentrating on driving at the speed limit in the city, why aren't they teaching learners to drive at an appropriate speed on national limit roads? why don't people know NOT to swerve when a rabbit or pheasent runs in front of the car?
The problem with driving schools is they teach you to pass the test, not to actually drive properly (fwiw, i never had one lesson, so maybe thats why i have this opinion)