View Single Post
Old 10 Feb 2011, 12:38 (Ref:2829041)   #122
Reinhold
Rookie

Reinhold should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley03 View Post
Personally, I'm not too concerned.

Looking down the list, the Hope Racing Oreca Hybrid is based on a very well developed package, but the application of the hybrid technology concerns me slightly. The Aston AMR-Ones are very late on parade and it's a case of fingers crossed, although AMR should have the budget and resources to accelerate the car's development. The Oreca-03 Nissans are again an unknown quantity, but the budget, resources and knowhow are all in place. And lastly, in the GTE category, surely only the 2 Lotus' are cause for concern, although once again, budget resources and knowhow are all in place to enable them to make a decent fist of it.

I make that a total of 9 cars that I (personally) would place a question mark against. That said, I'm massively excited by the prospect of seeing so many new cars at Le Mans.

Well due to the new regulations there will be some new engines this year.
I expect a lot of engines dying or having lots of problems during the 24h.
For Audi ( 3,7L V6 Turbo-Diesel) and Peugeot ( 3,7L V8 Turbo-Diesel) I belive there engines will be sorted out all problems until the start to make them reliable but for the other new engines like Toyota ( 3,4L V8) Zytek Nissan ( 4,5L V8) and Judd BMW ( 4,0L V8 + 3,4L V8) HPD Honda ( 2,7L V6 Turbo ) and Aston Martin ONE ( 2,0L V6 Turbo ) I doubt their reliability for they haven`t participate or finished a 24h race yet ?
The old style engines for LMP-1 like Oreca Peugeot ( 5,5L V12 Turbo-Diesel ) and Pescarolo Judd ( 5,5L V10 ) and maybe the Aston Martin ( 6,0L V12 ) with smaler restrictors and on the other hand the LMP-2 engines like Judd ( 3,4L V8) and Zytek (3,4L V8 ) sould be solid and reliable and last the total 24h. Also the engine on the Lotus Evora is a big questionmark for me !
Well Toyota, Honda, Nissan and for shure Aston Martin are big manufacturer with tradition/history on 24h races and a good team behind them with racing experiance but I doubt that even they will have no bigger problems in the race. Aston Martin just announced that they are allready behind schedule. They planed their first roll out for February and they say they can`t make it but they hope that at least 1 car will start in sebring in March.
What do you guys think? Am I to pessimistic on this ?
Please excuse my bad english !