View Single Post
Old 31 Mar 2024, 20:45 (Ref:4203461)   #361
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guthrie View Post
Do you guys see Newey moving to Aston Martin after the recent reports that Aston Martin have made an offer to have him in their team from Red Bull?

I would think that the offer was made more in hope than expectation. He's in his mid 60s now, and I would believe that he is already very well compensated at Red Bull, and although moving to work for Stroll may well be a challenge that would have been attraction for him a few years ago, does he really need the pressure of pretty well starting all over again; I wouldn't have thought so.

Based on what he said when the Horner stuff started, I think that Newey has a pretty good working relationship with Horner (he stated early on that he would quit if Horner was kicked out) and most of the team. And they give him certain freedoms that wouldn't necessarily be available under Stroll. But who knows; if Horner is moved out, I think that then it may affect his view on moving to a different team if he still wants to work in F1.