Thread: Team US F1
View Single Post
Old 4 Mar 2010, 17:43 (Ref:2644968)   #1040
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanShenise View Post
As an American who has worked for and with Englishmen since 1989, I call BS on this idea that cultural friction was the issue. There are either people who can get stuff done or people who can't. Yes I've seen American subs get bent out of shape for being asked to do their job properly, but generally its because they are lazy. Recently I've transitioned my career from residential work to expo and event work. Because of this I've started to see why so much of the fine engineering work has shifted overseas. The quality is better and the the same price. When I source complex mechanical components, I generally look to China, because an American supplier will want to redesign the piece because they know better (the Chinese don't ask questions, just do whatever is on the drawing), and have a delivery time much further out. While in China my boss (A Yorkshireman) designed a component on a scrap of paper at noon, and it was fabricated and on the job by 3pm. Its about the value of work, about half the subs I've worked with in the past 20 years got it, and half didn't. I'm sure the same is true in the UK (the Sean of the Dead, TV store scenes come to mind). The only thing I can attribute the failure of USF1 to is Ken Anderson and Peter Windsor. They failed to organized themselves properly, failed to delegate as necessary, failed to communicate as needed with the FIA and the public. Blame those two jackasses and not some cultural rift between English and US working standards.
Nice post. I agree wholeheartedly.