Thread: LM24 Race Member AllonFS
View Single Post
Old 28 Sep 2012, 17:34 (Ref:3143338)   #58
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
I am sure the nursing staff should not be referred to as drips, they are doing there best, but seriously take care and set yourself the target of 2013, but if you don't make it you will suffer another ridiculous photo of some very sad le mans fans

Quote:
Originally Posted by AllonFS View Post
Thanks for the continuing messages of support. Not doing too bad, but one of the side effects of fully body irradiation is ulcers in your mouth and throat, so soon I'll be being fed via drip. Oh and my hair is pretty much gone, but that is not really a problem.

One of the things that I am beginning to realise though, is that I can't be sure about attending Le Mans 2013. It's going to be 6 months at least before I am well enough to potentially work again, and my stamina and immune system may take up to 2 years to fully recover. I realistically won't be able to make a decision until a month or 2 before the race, and probably ought to avoid camping if I do go. So my options are going be very limited. I will of course go if at all possible, especially as there will the 90th anniversary celebrations, but it's going be a close run thing.

Thanks for the link Rich, enjoying those reviews. I remember the standing ovation for the Porsche in 2000 which in the last hour had to drive the entire track with the bonnet up and the driver leaning out the door! Also what happened to (apart from 2001) the glorious weather we had in the early 00s?

Cheers for now
Allon