View Single Post
Old 20 Nov 2009, 22:29 (Ref:2586086)   #9
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Northcutt View Post
They're outsourcing jobs that were in-house for years and frankly, bloated the staff.

Schoettle is blowing smoke rings out his butt on some of the other stuff, like dumping the Brickyard 400...even with 170,000 people in the stands (last year's attendance), they still made money off of it.

While you're at it, care to comment on the IZOD Title Sponsorship, which is a 6-year deal worth between $10-15 million per year with an option to extend two years?

I noticed you've been kinda quiet on that one...
No haven't devoted much time lately to writing as I've been busy elsewhere.

I think it's great for them if they have that deal in place and the money comes in. How much will actually make it to the teams and make a different to them I suspect not a lot.

Most of it also is around $6-$7 million of tv commercials of which I'm sure goes to Versus or ABC and not to the irl themselves.

Of all I have seen and heard it sounds like big numbers but most of it when you break it down is fluff that I don't see as making a big $$ to most involved.

In regards to the job cuts and other events at the speedway, I'm sure for one thing there was a lot of dead weight and tony george frumpies hanging about so hopefully they keep the shop vac running to clean all that out.

I was always surprised when they built the F1 track they didn't set it up so it could be used on a daily basis for track days, schools, manufacturer events, testing, club days, etc. Seems like they are leaving potential daily revenue on the table, especially considering all the people they employ to run the place.

I never bought into the "aura" of the track that it needs only be used for the 500. It's an old track with history but no reason why you can't maximize the use of the place.