Thread: Classic Cars
View Single Post
Old 18 Jul 2007, 07:35 (Ref:1966303)   #66
SidewaysFeltham
Racer

United Kingdom
UK and France
SidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSidewaysFeltham should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
For me, a Classic has always offered almost instant eye appeal: even when young!

For example, neither the XJ range did nor the XJS: the MkI and MK II saloons did and of course do, as did the XK 120, and 150: not the XK 140 as bits of it were ugly! The MK VII and IX did: so did the MK 5. And of course the SS100!

The Aston DB I, II and III had instant Classic appeal: so did the DB4 and the 5.

Not sure about the brutish uglyness of the current Aston-Ford!

In a similar fashion, the Bentley Continental SIII Drophead was probably the peak of classic design: thereafter, Rolls and Bentleys became ugly: The Corniche probably being the ugliest!

As are the Silver Shadows Series I and II. The last decent Rolls saloon was I think the Series one single headlight. The two staggered headlights looked awful! And by then the car was loosing its unique "Rollness" and by the time the Shadow was introduced the company was on its knees, anyway, which is why they manufactured it like an upmarket Ford!